Wednesday 18 August 2010

*Recipe - Blueberry Hot Cakes*

This is easily my favorite recipe to date. Its low in points, super easy to make and extremely quick.

Again this was taken from September's issue of "Cook Vegetarian".

Ingredients: (Like always I modified the recipe to suit my taste)

100g Blueberries
175g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Eggs
Zest of 1/2 an orange
150ml Soya Milk
Total = 12 points

You could also add...
Sugar or Splender to sweeten if you desire.
The recipe states to add yoghurt (as pictured) however I decided against this mainly because I forgot.
Maple syrup


After weighing out my ingredients I added the flour, bi-carb of soda and eggs into a mixing bowl.

I whisked these together adding the milk bit by bit.


Once all the lumps had gone I stirred in the blueberries and orange zest. (If you decide to use sugar/sweetener, now is the time to add it - or alternatively you could add this at the end or replace it with maple syrup)



After the mixture has had a good stir heat up a pan and spray it with your choice of oil (please remember to add the points of your chosen oil to the overall amount at the end if you are not using Fry Light) and allow to heat.



I worked out that 2.5 tbsp was enough mixture to make a reasonable sized hotcake. Once the sides of the hotcake have firmed slightly turn the hot cake over and cook the other side.

Ta Dar!

These really do taste absolutely amazing and please the toughest of critics (my dad).

All together this recipe makes 12 hotcakes and comes to 12 points in total, which = 1 point per hot cake. (Don't forget to add extra points dependent on your choice of oil, sugar/sweetener or maple syrup)

These store OK for a day but I'm not sure past that as they have never been around that long in my household.

Enjoy guys!

Roo xoxo

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy! Just wanted you to know that I have nominated you for a blog award on my blog post as I love your updates :) xxx

    http://shrinkinglex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much. My head has just doubled in size!

    ReplyDelete