So I received my bands and couldn't wait to try them out. I purchased the Power Tension 5 Pack which ranges from 3-42lb of resistance (I found that I could tell the difference in resistance when I moved from the thinner cords to the thicker ones). I tried out a number of difference exercises which are suggested and shown on the provided information leaflet and found that I liked these even more than normal free weights. I can think of many pros of using these:
- They are compact and can easily be stored
- They are actually light to pick-up and move around- Unlike free weights
- I don't hurt myself with them - When I previously used free weights I would constantly bang them against my legs which often led to bruising. Also, when I used certain exercises I would often hit myself in the back of the head with a larger weight.
- They come with a life time guarantee
- They are relatively cheap- Compared with a gym membership
- The cane be used on a tight schedule- At present I don't have the time (nor the finances) to pay for a gym membership so these are fantastic for sneaking in a workout between my job and degree.
It's still early days but I can honestly say that I am in love with them already and wish that I had purchased them months ago.
I will have arms that Madonna would be jealous of! Watch this space.
Pop-eye armed Roo