Friday 6 August 2010

*Exercise Find - Resistance Bands*

Now I've been hesitating whether to purchase a set of resistance bands for around four months now. That all changed one weekend when I decided enough was enough. Whats the worst that could happen? I either purchase them and they turn out to be a load of crap or alternatively I could purchase them and wonder why I didn't do so earlier. I had already done a lot of research into resistance bands and decided that Ripcords were the ones for me.

So I received my bands and couldn't wait to try them out. I purchased the Power Tension 5 Pack which ranges from 3-42lb of resistance (I found that I could tell the difference in resistance when I moved from the thinner cords to the thicker ones). I tried out a number of difference exercises which are suggested and shown on the provided information leaflet and found that I liked these even more than normal free weights. I can think of many pros of using these:
  • They are compact and can easily be stored
  • They are actually light to pick-up and move around- Unlike free weights
  • I don't hurt myself with them - When I previously used free weights I would constantly bang them against my legs which often led to bruising. Also, when I used certain exercises I would often hit myself in the back of the head with a larger weight. 
  • They come with a life time guarantee
  • They are relatively cheap- Compared with a gym membership
  • The cane be used on a tight schedule- At present I don't have the time (nor the finances) to pay for a gym membership so these are fantastic for sneaking in a workout between my job and degree.

It's still early days but I can honestly say that I am in love with them already and wish that I had purchased them months ago.

I will have arms that Madonna would be jealous of! Watch this space.


Pop-eye armed Roo
          xoxo



2 comments:

  1. I use a "Gym in a Bag" system which is resistence bands. I love it and find it much easier on my joints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did look into purchasing the "Gym in a Bag" around the time of your review and giveaway. Do you feel it has made a difference?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete