If you haven't already guessed I had a gain this week of 3lb. Initially I was really gutted about it, to be honest the word gutted can not even explain how I felt when I saw how much I had gained however now I've sat back I can understand how and why I have. I normally hate admitting I'm wrong but I tell you all why I am admitting I am because I have made some stupid mistakes and I don't want anyone else to make them and I'm feeling really positive so typing this isnt going to make me feel worse.
My reasons (no smell of B.S anywhere) for gaining:
- I didn't track everyday - Well dur of course I'm more likely going to gain!
- I miscalculated portion sizes - I thought I was being extremely good by weighing everything out but it does actually help if I use the correct portion sizes. I was using tablespoons rather than teaspoons result in a 3 point serving of peanutbutter becoming a 10.5 serving... note it has taken my a whole week to realise this.
Now moving on to the good stuff. This week I have done things I didn't think I would be able to do right now. I was recently taken ill and could hardly walk because I was in so much pain however this week I have felt much better and I have taken the 'feeling better' and I have run with it. I have taken my bike out nearly everyday this week and each day have beaten my previous days distance. I have also been using my Wii Fit again as well as one of my favourite workout DVD's (which I will blog about shortly). I have easily done more exercise this week than I have in the past six months. I'm so happy that I have found my joy of exercise again as it is something I have been lacking for sometime.
So to round up this weeks achievements:
- I didn't track everyday, I managed 2/7
- I have really worked on my water intake this week and have easily have my eight glasses a day including a bit extra due to the heat and exercise.
- As you can see I did weigh-in this week and gained 3lb
- I've included exercise everyday this week
- Work on tracking 7/7 days
- Learn the difference between teaspoon and tablespoon (doh)
- Include exercise daily
- Keep working on my water intake