Thursday 3 June 2010

*Electra and I - A local biking adventure*

I'm still not feeling 100% but I do feel much better than the previous two weeks so I thought I would take Electra for a ride around my local area. I live around a 15-20 minute train journey from central London which is a journey I want to tackle on my bike soon as I commute to London several times a week. Until then I will stick to riding through my local area.

This is the first real ride I have taken since purchasing Electra (the first was around the block) and I was so excited about doing it and had a huge grin on my face the whole time. I'm sure I looked slightly psychotic with my Cheshire cat grin but I don't care I was having so much fun and for the first time in weeks I was able to block out the pain in my chest and back.

At one point I got a couple of giggles from some kids which dented my confidence and I actually considered turning back (my confidence is not my greatest attribute and is something I mentioned in a recent post, my lack of confidence has stopped me from doing numerous things and as I will discuss in the future something that has stopped me from living my life) but I was lucky enough to then ride past a guy that I can only describe as, as having a very individual and quirky fashion sense. As I rode past him I could feel his eyes follow my bike and when I turned back to look at him he was smiling just as much as I was previously. That one person smiling felt amazing and quickly lifted me back up and gave me the confidence to carry on. Thank you quirky dressed guy!

Here are a few photos I took of my favourite local park. Its so peaceful and there is always someone there either walking their dog, playing football or cricket.




An accidental photo but one I thought I would keep as it shows the shape of my face which is something I only hope will change with losing weight.

I'm not a religious person but I love churches, mosques and temples which are very common within my area.


 Might I add.... to the man in the white van that nearly ran me down, thank you, its people like yourself that give white van drivers bad names!

So there you have it, my first biking adventure. Although it was a short journey (3.4 miles) I loved every second of it and couldn't wait to get back out on my bike again.


Have a fab day and enjoy the sunshine,

Roo & Electra xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment