Tuesday 8 June 2010

*Weekly Meeting 3 - Stretching your points*

This weeks topic was about stretching your points allowance and making the most of what you have. I really enjoyed this topic as I got to see what other people ate on a limited amount of points. Although it wasn't high lighted in the meeting I do think that making your points stretch is also in linking with filling foods and could go hand in hand with one another.

 
Firstly this was my first official meeting back at weight watchers. I haven't attended a class for some time hence my struggle with losing weight. I weighed myself just before I went to my meeting like I do every week, I had stayed the same. Then when I jumped on the scales at my meeting I was horrified to see that I now weighed 18st 2.5lb! What the hell? Yes my lovely readers, my scales/ Wii Fit do not match the scales at the meeting. I must admit that I am pretty gutted however I am marking this as my start and I'll just have to concentrate from now. At the end of the day this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.

So getting back to this weeks topic. Dawn (my leader) separated us into groups of 4-5 people and set us the task as constructing a recipe for a sandwich that was 6-7 points. Now I'm not a huge sandwich fan as I believe you could use less points on something else. However we managed to construct our sandwich using our knowledge of low point ingredients. After this Dawn went through the points values of sandwich's that you could purchase as a quick alternative. Most of items that you would believe to be lower point options were actually around 8-10 points! For some that's more than half of their daily intake.

I guess the point of this topic was to make us more conscious of our food choices and to consider better options such as swapping a fried egg for a poached one or full fat mayonnaise for extra light mayonnaise.

Now moving on to my week...

I've struggled this week in regards to exercise. It seems my health has taken a step back as I've been experiencing immense pain again which has caused any type of movement to become overwhelming. To be honest I'm really upset about this as I thought I was recovering however I will try to include some kind of extra activity within my day without it being of the eating kind.

 
My accomplishments this week are:
  • I tracked 4/7 days in total - Although it wasn't a whole week I did a good job and I know Ill be tracking my full 7/7 days as a habit soon.
  • I worked on my fruit and veg intake- Although it wasn't a goal set from last week I managed to do so anyways and  think that rocks.
  • My exercise this week has been more down than up- I managed a whole 3 days of 30 min exercise which is still pretty good.
  • I went back to my meetings- something that I wanted to do for a while and have finally plucked up the courage to. As well as this I stayed to the meeting on my own!
My goals for next week:
  • Track a full week
  • Work on my exercise
  • Attend next weeks weigh-in and stay for the meeting 
Have a fab week everyone and also don't forget its tweet what I eat Thursday soon so feel free to follow me on Twitter.

Roo xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment