Monday 13 December 2010

*A long awaited update*

If you follow me on twitter you will know that for the past four weeks I've had what my friends and I call a 'end of semester break down', this is where I go into total panic, rage and cry like a baby for weeks over my university work being hand-in. Thankfully that's now over until February so I have extra time to concentrate on me. Firstly I haven't neglected the propoints plan all together over the past four weeks, it just wasn't my concern at the time, my sanity was. So now I have finally finished this semester I can put 100% of me into the plan which is when I like everyone else see the best results. I read a lot of blogs and this quote always sticks in my head 'persistence, not perfection' and I think this couldn't be more true than right now. I haven't been on plan 100% but my determination and persistence of returning to the plan is better than giving up altogether.

As I have been away for a short while I do have a few things I would like to share and will do so in a number of posts over the next week. So watch this space.

I haven't done my goals since my last post so I thought now would be as better time than ever.

My goals this week:
  • To pre-track my entire week - I like to pre-track so I have an idea of what to have that day but I sometimes change some items from day to day to suite my needs.
  • Tweet my daily points consumed and allowance - I know a number of members from my Thursday class do this and they find it really helps. So with the mindset of tracking 100% I though this would give me a little bit more of an incentive to stay on track.
  • Burn 3500kcal - Using the "Winning by Losing" theory of 3500kcal=1lb I have decided to set myself the task of burning this amount of the next week. Also I have neglected my HRM over the past month and I miss the number totting up on my wrist.
Have a fabulous week everyone and for those who feel like giving up remember the story of the tortoise and the hare, its not a race. Its about what you make of the journey and what you learn not how quickly you feel you need to complete it. Stay positive.

3 comments:

  1. I used to have these mini melt downs too when I was at Uni, it sucks! What are you studying chick?

    Chill out and concentrate on yourself for a while now, it's a shame it's not nice enough for you to get on your AWESOME bike!

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm studying Special Needs and Inclusive Education.

    I will be doing that for sure. I know, its pretty icy so I might wait until the ice goes

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really interesting, I fancy doing something like that!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete