Wednesday 8 September 2010

* Weekly Update - Setting a Challenge *

If you do not already know, I'm a huge fan of the "Biggest Loser" and I draw a lot of my inspiration from the show and its contestants. So its not a big surprise that yet again I have been inspired to do something.

Last year on the Biggest Loser the contestants ran/jogged/walked a whole marathon which inspired me to give off my butt and do something. Now I'm a very competitive person and I hate to lose (which is weird when I considered my weight loss and my inability to win against myself own self), I hate losing bad! I remember hitting a girl (who will remain nameless) over the head with a cricket bat after she told me I had hit the wicket (please note that I was very young). I didn't hit the wicket. But I am very sorry and luckily we are still friends (she must be crazy right?). So what does my inability to lose have to do with the Biggest Loser?

I am setting myself my own challenge! I know that I'm a lot more capable of certain things than I let myself believe. I proved this during my workouts a number of times. Got to love those planks.

So whats the challenge I hear you say...

The challenge is to walk 300 miles between now and New Years Day also being my 24th birthday. And just because with all challenges there rules (I love rules), my 300 miles has to be additional walking, not my normal everyday walking and workout routine. No, no. I'm doing this the hard core way.

So now I have divulged my personal challenge to you I'll move on to my normal goals and accomplishments this week.

This week has been far from perfect but I have still achieved at some things.
  • I tracked everyday - Although I didn't stick to my allowance any of those 7 days I tracked everything which made me feel accountable and also made me see how much I really do eat when not fully on track.
  • I added a new exercise routine in the form of swimming - I now swim every Wednesday with my close friend and we are actually off there tonight.
  • I have reassessed my 5 A Day intake and have been working on that for a while now - I have an up and coming post on this topic so watch this space.
My goals for this week (my post is a few days late so I have already started this week)
  • Contribute to my 300 mile challenge
  • Carry on tracking and stick to allowance
  • Pre-track in the mornings - I have been doing this for the past few days and it has really helped in so far.
  • Work on my 5 A Day
So that's my accomplishments and goals for this week.

I hope you all have a great week.

If anyone would like to take part in my challenge please let me know :)

Roo xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment